Before filling out the Online Meeting Request Form, read through Meeting Guidelines & Procedures and Important Policies
Meeting Guidelines & Procedures
The McConnell Foundation offers the use of its facilities on a complimentary basis to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, public schools, and government entities. Groups are welcome to apply for space for special meetings, programs, and activities that fall outside the scope of their everyday business.
Our meeting rooms are NOT available for:
- Recurring information programs, routine board or staff meetings
- Political meetings
- Fundraisers or social events
- Sectarian religious purposes
- Sales or product presentations
How do I request space for a meeting at The McConnell Foundation?
- Complete the Online Meeting Request Form
- Requests must be received at least 30 days before the first preferred date
- Meeting dates cannot be verified by phone
- Qualified organizations may request the use of our meeting space; however, approval of each request is at the Foundation’s discretion.
What happens next?
- Requests are reviewed by our staff weekly in order to provide a timely response.
- Once reviewed, an acceptance or denial email will be sent to your organization.
How we can help you, if your meeting is approved
- Our Meeting Coordinator will arrange a time for you to come out and look at the space. At this time, we’ll talk in depth about the services, set-up, equipment we offer, and your specific needs.
- We’ll keep in touch until the day of your meeting, firming up details and tracking last minute changes.
- We’ll be here during the meeting to make sure everything goes as planned, and to make sure any last minute needs are accommodated.
- We provide a complimentary beverage service that includes coffee, tea, water, juice in the morning and water and iced tea later in the day.
How you can help us
- Submit a final head count 72 hours in advance of your meeting. This helps ensure that your room is set up for the right number of guests.
- Arrive early. Time will be needed to finalize set up, make last minute adjustments, and greet guests as they arrive.
- Communicate with your speakers/facilitators in advance and provide us with a list of their requirements. Will they be doing a PowerPoint presentation? Do they need flip charts, white boards, or easels? Are they bringing materials that may require a separate table? What time will they arrive?
- Submit a copy of your agenda in advance of the meeting. In the event the meeting does not comply with The McConnell Foundation’s policies, it may be canceled at the Foundation’s discretion.
- If you need to cancel, please notify our Meeting Coordinator as soon as possible.
- The nature of The McConnell Foundation’s meeting space dictates that meetings, trainings, or collaboratives be relatively quiet. We avoid high-energy team building exercises that don’t fit with our own work environment.
- Meeting space is part of The McConnell Foundation’s work environment as well. Guests may not wander through the building.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the 200-acre Lema Ranch campus.
- Photography and videotaping are not allowed indoors without prior approval.
- Permission for media involvement of any type (radio, television, newspaper) must be granted in advance by our Meeting Coordinator.
- All food must be provided by a caterer from our approved list, which our Meeting Coordinator will give to you. We request that there be no boxed lunches.
- All food will be removed as soon as possible after meals. Prior arrangements may be made to have food packaged and saved until the end of the meeting. Please note that refrigerator space is limited.
- For meetings outside regular business hours, such as evenings and weekends, the building will close 30 minutes after the stated end time of your meeting.
- In consideration of the environment, The McConnell Foundation encourages groups to carpool, take public transportation, or bicycle to the meeting facility whenever possible.