The Cascade Theatre was constructed in 1935 as a movie palace and vaudeville stage. It was a magnificent example of Art Deco architecture, complete with gold- and silver-gilded walls, period chandeliers, ornate plasterwork, a grand neon facade and marquee, and beautiful murals. But like many downtown theatres of its era, it struggled to survive during the 1990s with the rise of large Cineplexes. In 1997 the Cascade ceased operating and its doors were boarded up.
Restoration of the Cascade was fully completed in August of 2004, and it was reopened as a regional nonprofit performing arts center. The restoration was carried out in a way that honored the heritage of the building while providing the functionality of a modern professional performing arts facility, complete with state of the art sound, lighting, and theatre technology. The theatre now hosts a wide range of arts and cultural events, providing a space for local productions as well as drawing nationally-renowned acts. The McConnell Foundation was proud to be a major sponsor, along with many other partners and funders.
For more information about the Cascade Theatre visit: www.cascadetheatre.org.
photos ©2015 Ramsay Photography www.ramsayphotography.com