March Fourth Concert at California Street Labs in Downtown Redding
On September 20th, the internationally-acclaimed band, MarchFourth performed to a packed courtyard at California Street Labs, a venue in downtown owned by The McConnell Foundation and operated by grantee, Shasta Living Streets. Here is a brief taste of the crowd that gathered to enjoy the concert:
California Street Labs is an all-ages venue, including activities for kids to complement their time enjoying the music.
MarchFourth is an internationally-acclaimed, genre-breaking FORCE in the world of entertainment — a sonic explosion delivered by 20 musicians, dancers and artisans who travel the world, year-round, taking audience members of all ages, from all walks of life, on a joy-inducing, foot-stomping, soul-stirring journey that defies categorization.
With exceptional musical quality and a visual kaleidoscope of stilt walkers, hoopers and Vaudeville-style dancers, MarchFourth whips audiences into a celebratory frenzy with an over-the-top spectacle of high-energy compositions, colorful costumes, and irresistible charisma! This is not a band that simply “puts on a show.” MarchFourth delivers a multi-faceted, indelible experience of pure joy.
For Background on California Street Labs, check out these previous blog posts:
- KRCR-TV: Construction Developments Appear in Downtown Redding (October 3, 2018)
- JPR Radio: Behind the Green Doors: Redding’s New Project (September 18, 2018)
- Bricks Distributed to Law Enforcement (September 7, 2018)
- Sneak Peek Event: Hard Hat Tours of California Street Labs (September 5, 2018)
- Redding Record Searchlight: Redding Nonprofit Takes Lead on Former Police Station in Downtown Redding (September 4, 2018)
- Downtown Collaborative Tours California Street Labs (August 22, 2018)
- Former Police Station – Brick Process & More (August 16, 2018)
- Former Police Station – The Latest Updates (August 1, 2018)
- Demolition Day Cancelled, But Progress to Continue (August 1, 2018)
- KRCR-TV: Abandoned Downtown Building Gets Repurposed [VIDEO] (July 13, 2018)
- Sneak Peek: Renovation Begins in Downtown Warehouse (July 9, 2018)
- Key Milestone for Project at Site of Former Police Station Downtown (June 22, 2018)
- Pop-Up Provisions in Updated Downtown Specific Plan (April 5, 2018)
- The History of the Former Police Station (May 31, 2018)
- The Power of Temporary Places to Catalyze Lasting Change (May 14, 2018)
- The Green Door Project in Downtown Redding (May 7, 2018)
- Pasts & Futures of California Street (February 1, 2018)
- Pop-Up Retail in Downtown Redding (August 10, 2017)