Recap of California Street Labs Launch Event!
On Friday, October 5th, the warehouse renovation in downtown Redding passed the final inspections!
Wasting no time, community members were invited in the very next day for a launch party. This marks the launch of California Street Labs, a place for community members to come together to test ideas and actions that build a vibrant downtown and a great city.
Together with Shasta Living Streets who is the Activation Lead on the project, The McConnell Foundation would like to thank everyone involved in making so much happen in such a short period of time, especially:
Josh Mangahis of Maxwell’s Pizza
Wiley and Tiffanie Saccheri of Sublime Cake Design
Ryan Manley of From the Hearth Downtown
Robie Clearie of Tents & Events
Benjamin Nouwain from Redding VR
Buck Simonis of Snow Mountain Spring Water
Sara Oliviera and Tyler Faires of Faires Wheel Filmes
Curtis Boek of Cox Real Estate Consultants
Richard Huff of The McConnell Foundation
All of the vendors, and of course
& a legion of volunteers from Shasta Living Streets.
Here is a quick snapshot of the opening hours, with thanks to Faires Wheel Films for the photos!:
CALIFORNIA STREET LABS
This is a place for community members to come together to test ideas and actions that build a vibrant downtown and a great city. Want to partcipate?
For Background on California Street Labs, check out these previous blog posts:
- KRCR-TV: Construction Developments Appear in Downtown Redding (October 3, 2018)
- JPR Radio: Behind the Green Doors: Redding’s New Project (September 18, 2018)
- Bricks Distributed to Law Enforcement (September 7, 2018)
- Sneak Peek Event: Hard Hat Tours of California Street Labs (September 5, 2018)
- Redding Record Searchlight: Redding Nonprofit Takes Lead on Former Police Station in Downtown Redding (September 4, 2018)
- Downtown Collaborative Tours California Street Labs (August 22, 2018)
- Former Police Station – Brick Process & More (August 16, 2018)
- Former Police Station – The Latest Updates (August 1, 2018)
- Demolition Day Cancelled, But Progress to Continue (August 1, 2018)
- KRCR-TV: Abandoned Downtown Building Gets Repurposed [VIDEO] (July 13, 2018)
- Sneak Peek: Renovation Begins in Downtown Warehouse (July 9, 2018)
- Key Milestone for Project at Site of Former Police Station Downtown (June 22, 2018)
- Pop-Up Provisions in Updated Downtown Specific Plan (April 5, 2018)
- The History of the Former Police Station (May 31, 2018)
- The Power of Temporary Places to Catalyze Lasting Change (May 14, 2018)
- The Green Door Project in Downtown Redding (May 7, 2018)
- Pasts & Futures of California Street (February 1, 2018)
- Pop-Up Retail in Downtown Redding (August 10, 2017)